Well, the PMA2008 products are finally starting to roll out. Today, Canon U.S.A., Inc. has announced the brand new Canon EOS Rebel XSi (450D). The Rebel XSi replaces the very popular Canon Digital Rebel XTi (400D). New and upgraded features include:
- New 12.2 megapixel APS-C size Canon CMOS sensor
- Enhanced 14-bit A/D conversion
- DIGIC III image processor
- 3-inch, 230,000 pixel LCD monitor with a broadened color gamut.
- Larger Viewfinder, should be similar to 30D (long overdue for the Rebel series)
- Improved autofocus sensor. The center f/2.8 AF sensor is now cross-type.
- 3.5 frames per second frame rate. With bursts of up to 45 images in large/fine JPEG mode and 6 frames in RAW mode (the buffer size is a little disappointing).
- Advanced Live View function. The EOS Rebel XSi adds a new “Live Mode” contrast-detection AF function that allows the camera to focus automatically during Live View without lowering the reflex mirror (sounds similar to Nikon’s).
- SD / SDHC Card slot (XTi had Compact flash)
- 4% spot metering now available.
- The Kit now includes the new Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS Zoom Lens.
The Canon Digital Rebel XSI Camera with EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS Lens is now available for pre-order at Amazon. Read the rest of this entry »